Sunday, July 8, 2007

Recipe for a Mass Wushu Programme

Its been a hectic week for the trainers and myself.
The new term has started and gradually picking up steam. Just last week alone, we had 4 new school programmes starting and a couple more schools starting next week. Most are Wushu Mass Workout Programmes, anywhere from 80 to excess of 200 pax at a time.

The burden of conducting such large-scale programmes naturally falls on me as this happens to be my specialization, having done mass programmes countless times and accumulating invaluable experience every step of the way.

Something to share with you and my trainers. (or my fellow competitors if you're reading...grin. Man, I'm such a nice person... i know...)

It is one thing to be standing in front of a class of 20 Wushu students coaching techniques. It is a whole different ballgame standing on the stage with a mic engaging 200 students and teachers in the hall with Wushu exercises, most of whom can't be bothered even if the roof caved in.

Here's the trick: You need to reach out with your infectious energy and hypnotize EVERY ONE OF THEM with your presence and have them move with you, laugh with you, sway with you...When you got them hooked on your every word, slip in the otherwise dorky-looking punches, kicks and stances. Mix in the right amounts of Easy-to-follow moves, a tiny bit of Challenge, a generous serving of Humour - VOILA! Mag-ni-fi-cent!

In short, you need to be a Duracell Bunny in an apron and chef's hat, holding a microphone in one hand and a whistle in the other. Mmm... I bet I look sexy up there on stage. grin...

A nice lady teacher came up to me on Wed and asked where do i get all that energy bouncing ard on stage. Ok... you got me there. The cat's out of the bag - I'm a Redbull Junkie. *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment