Saturday, June 23, 2007

Operational Hiccups - Hold your breath.

Yanbin came by KUEN Wushu yesterday to visit. (He's an actor cum stunt master at Mediacorp) Just back from filming the latest Jack Neo movie (starring Fann Wong!) in KL for the past 3 weeks. We got to chat a little regarding the new setup and he provided me with new insights. (thanks partner :p)

Told him about my problem of the hall being constantly in use by other ppl. (mostly SHINES Outdoors la..). He told me to make a stand and say No.

We gotta pay to use their facilities (during camp), they should be paying us everytime they use our training hall right? Why else are we paying rent for? The tiny miserable office space?

And Sunday mornings are nightmarish... The church ppl got our hall and the morning parents are unhappy that they have been relegated to the classrooms. Well, initially I thought training in the classrooms wasn't such a bad idea, with the aircon and all... I don't think so anymore.

Anyway, on a lighter note, me and Yanbin did talk about starting a new programme at KUEN. A course targetted at young adults (read 17 and above) that is part Wushu and part action-star training. Participants will get to experience "flying" and wire-stunts, perform action fight scenes, learn stunts and acrobatics that will prepare them if they ever wish to embark on their ways to Movie Stardom....

Cool idea yeah? Tell me what you think.

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, a good idea for market differentiation. Also appeals to a certain sector of the martial arts enthusiasts whose wants are not addressed by other mkt players. Is the SHINES 'playground' behind the bball court at our disposal? I think it's a possible stunts training gnd. ~ Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya... I think some young adults would be into that kinda thing. Too bad the 'playground' you're talking abt is off limits. It belongs to another operator, but who knows, we might be able to co-develop the program. Its sitting there in the sun most of the time anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I am interestd in the new programme, although Yanbing already knows that I am undergoing basic wushu training in order to learn stunts moves from him. Yanbin always says "你好了没有?我要把你给卖出去。" Been too busy with filming recently that I have not time to go training for 4 lessons already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cherlyn, not sure if we've met. Say hi next time u see me ard kay. :) Great. 2 persons for the idea already! What abt the rest out there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chin! Yap, we have seen each other before in the old wushu school. I am always training by myself in a corner.

    ReplyDelete