Sunday, June 10, 2007

RSYC Family Day

RSYC stands for Republic of Singapore Yacht Club. It's situated in the West Coast area, somewhere near PSA, 2 min drive from the West Coast drive-thru Macdonalds.

We've been asked to do a Wushu demo at the club's family day event this morning, to create awareness for its Wushu club.

I've been conducting a class at RSYC since the beginning of the year (every Sat 4.30pm-6.00pm). The class is rather small, 8 students with the occasional absentee/s. Really hope the recruitment drive goes well and the no. of students increases coz the timing clashes with another Wushu class held on the same day (Yew Tee CC). That would mean my hands are tied and I won't be able to visit and observe the trainers conduct their lessons at Yew Tee.

I did a mock test during the lesson at RSYC yesterday. Sigh... It got me worried for the kids. Half my class couldn't finish the test routine. They froze... Brrr.... I think being in the centre of the carpet alone and doing the routine is stressing them out. One more lesson till they go for their first assessment and things don't look too good for my class. But comeon, you can't fail the first test? Nobody fails the introductory module. Nobody. It's never been done before. Let's keep it that way shall we.

I'll post some photos of the family day event if I remember to snap some later.


No comments:

Post a Comment